Monday, May 22, 2006

Last Week at YUELI

8May-14May, 2006

First three days of course 2630, I was very nervous about entering test and to know this new environment. Everything was fresh and nervous for me, . Also, I got lost on campus many times. First day, I didn’t know they suddenly changed the room to test. I waited outside the original room with a few students for the test. Thanks to God for the test was not beginning yet when I moved into the right room. It was a good beginning, I thought.

Since the first day, I just walked the only one way as I know to my classroom. I worried about I’ll lose way and waste time if I change my way.

One day, Eric introduced me to a Taiwanese friend. She left her phone number to me, in case I have any problems could ask her. I was so happy that Eric’s help and her. She took me to surround where is Computer Centre, and show me how to go York Lanes. Thanks to her. Now I know how to go there. It was verified that good beginning.

Soon, Saturday came. Sophia, my homestay’s Mom, took me to Yorkdale. I felt very happy and excited about it because it was the first time I went to go there so far.

We spent almost one hour to take bus and transfer subway to Yorkdale. ON the road, Sophia continually said I’m a crazy girl with “Oh, my God!” sound, because I took many pictures. Whatever big house, traffic light, bus, and advertisement sign……everything!

Wow!! Yorkdale is a such big mall as Taiwan’s two or more department stores combine together.

I jumped up stairs to Yorkdale, surrounded every store, such as Sears, The Bay, Roots, American Eagle and so on.

When we passed by Rogers cell-phone store, I gathered enough courage and asked service about package’s details and price. I would like to compare Rogers, Telus and Fido by myself, although I had asked many different people about which what the cell-phone company was more better is.

Four hours was elapsed, and Sophia was wearing tired. It was the time to go. According to I gave her many hints about my favorite snack. Smart Sophia knows that I like to eat ice cream so much. Although it was more expensive more than the other stores, she bought an corn of ice cream cone for me. The flavor was Cappucinos with chocolate cookie. Oh, my God. I’ve m so loved to eat ice cream since I was a child. An ice cream can grab my heart. Thank you, Sophia. I gave her my big smile with the eyes full of love.

After we came back home, I read a novel., names The title was “Rain Man”. It was such a So great novel that I couldn't can not stop to reading it. It talked about two brother’s relationship and one of the brother has autism, but he is very smart and can remember any numbers when he just look once. It’s very easily to understand this story. Also, there are simple vocabularies which can catch the general meaning easily inside. I felt enriched after I read this novel.

I felt enriched last week. Time flies, especially in weekend. Week by week, I have to gather another courage to faceing the next week. Hope I hope to have a great time day in every day, in every week.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

I'm glad you met someone from Taiwan. Which level is your new friend in? Your homestay mother is really treating you like family, isn't she? You're very lucky. I'm surprised to read that you had to "gather courage to face the next week". It's not that painful, is it?

Corrections:
(1) Correct the punctuation mistakes on your own. Remember not to use a comma to link two independent clauses.
(2) I got lost on campus ...
(3) with a few students
(4) in case I have any problems. (OR, so I could ask her if I have any problems.)
(5) ...very happy and excited about it because it was the first time I went there.
(6) I had asked many people which cell phone company was better.
(7) Four hours elapsed, and Sophia was tired.
(8) Although it was more expensive than other stores, she bought an ice cream cone for me.
(9) I've loved to eat ice cream since I was a child.
(10) The title was "Rain Man".
(11) It was such a great novel that I couldn't stop reading it. ("couldn't stop to read it" means the opposite.)
(12) "courage" is uncountable noun, so you can't use "a/an" before it.
(13) I hope to have a great time every day, every week.

AlisonChang said...

Oh, she is Level two. The same to me.
Her classroom just beside us.

Yea, I think so. My homestay's Mom is nice woman. She teachs me a lot. For example, I use to smell food. I like food's good smell. I couldn't hold myself to smell food. Now I know that is rude. Ha, ha.



Of course to face next week is not painful. I have to pay attention in class every moment, but sometimes my mind just fly to another way. Then I have to pull my mind back.

In addition,everyday has different challenge for me. I have to cross that by myself, so that's what I mean. "gather courage to face the next week"

~~^O^~~~'Alicen