Sunday, May 28, 2006

Recently…

28 May, 2006

I can't seem couldn’t pay attention to one thing for more than 30 minutes, recently. I have seen a magazine talk about technology as I am curious about attention this article. In there, they talk about the effect of human technology.

There is have a symptom which names called “Pseudo-lack-attention”. So many information that one person likes to digest but they can’t pay attention to one thing.

For me, I think about maybe that’s the biggest reason. I hope I can find a way to pay attention on one thing. I’m very nervous that I’d like to fix everything and make them all perfect.

Well…I sometimes feel tired overwhelmed about facing knowledge as waves by the amount of new information I have to absorb everyday, but I'll try my best to face them.
To get fish or bear? I have to learn how to make a balance between fish and bear. I can’t stand on two boats with my feet. I have to learn it. It’s new challenge for me.

5 comments:

Juanita said...

I know what you mean, and I sometimes feel the same way. I remember reading some articles on how to concentrate, and they introduced a few exercises.

Corrections:
(1) I can't seem pay attention ...for more than ...
(2) There is a symptom called ...
(3) ... I think maybe that's the biggest reason.
(4) (It's dangerous to translate Chinese sayings into English because the literal translation often doesn't make any sense to non-Chinese. For example, the "fish and bear paw" analogy and the "stand on two boats" analogy. Abandon the practice in the future.)

AlisonChang said...

Oh, my God!!!

I made a big mistake in English.

It's serious and dangerous mistake about translate analogy from Chinese to English!!!

I won't try again.



shook Alicen

AlisonChang said...

Daer Juanita,

Please correct my new sentence as I wrote in blue one.

Thank you
Alicen.

Juanita said...

Do you mean "I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of new information I have to absorb everyday, but I'll try my best"?

You shouldn't feel so bad about translating a Chinese expression into English. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, it doesn't, but it's not a serious mistake!

AlisonChang said...

Yes!!! That's what I mean.

Thank you!!!

I just would like to prevent bad writting habit as possible as I can.