Monday, May 22, 2006

~Small Talk 、 Good Idea、Waiting for Bus~

19 May, 2006

Also, after that discussion we had some small talk about weekend, friend, family, boyfriend, husband and so on. There were a funny thing that we looked like deaf and dumb person, because both of we have own accent, we wrote down the key word and talked at the same time. It was so funny that I almost couldn’t hold myself to laugh.

Clarita asked us how much about we lived in homestay per month. Yuni, Jisook and I, three people spend total approximately 2560 per month. She gave us an advice that how about we are three people gather together to rent an apartment. For example, we have a classmate who is living in downtown and he almost spends 1500 per month to rent an apartment.

It remains 1060 dollars per month if Yuni, Jisook and I live in an apartment together, it will cheaper than live in homestay or downtown alone per month, especially we live close to University, not near by downtown.

Clarita said her sister will be willing to help us to find a good room-mate. That was a good idea. Thank you, Clarita. We all felt such pity that why this good idea is discovered so late.

Actually, this idea is not too late, I told them, “We have to make decision and tell Main Office, then fix some documents to make sure we will move out from homestay at least before the end of May, and move out in the end of June. That means we can move out the homestay before the next course beginning. The only pity thing is that we will lose 100 dollars if we move out.” “The 100 dollars is payment about asked Main Office to find a homestay.”

Although we will lose 100 dollars in order to move out from hoestay, we also earn 780 to 880 dollars in the other four months. (We pay six months payment to Main Office, and they pay two months money to homestay.)

We continue with a dream about apartment. There should have furniture, cable TV, telephone, couch, table, kitchen, refrigerator, heating machine, washing machine, dryer machine……..I would like to back home, think about it carefully and make decision quickly.

Time flies, it was seven pm, it remained I, Yuni and Jisook. We surrounded York Lanes around. It was very cold, windy, and started raining. After one hour, we escorted Jisook to waiting for her homestay’s Mom picked up her by car. That is so great if my homestay’s Mom will drive car to take me home. Then Yuni and I waited bus No.60 in the York Lanes till twenty to eight pm. I took a transit ticket and got off in the corner of Steels Ave. and Founders Rd.

There was raining cats and dogs, I almost freeze up when I was crossing the Steels Ave. I waited for the bus 60B or 60D or 60E, but it always came the wrong bus 60S. I was tired, cold and anxious, because I told Sophia I will came back home before 9 pm, and I waited for the right bus from twenty after eight to 8:50. I didn’t like to standing and waiting for bus so long time. Although I was listening music in English, it still seems wasted my time. I had good time to take a rest with classmate after class, am I wrong? I asked myself. Why the bus always came to the wrong number? This question surrounded in my brain like a shadow.

My shoes and socks both were wet. It was very uncomfortable. I began to imaging that I called TTC office to complain that why the bus always come the wrong number and why my bus less than the other bus. Then the car headlight shone into my eyes. I surprised the bus come here finally. But it was a truck. Oh…..help me...God….

I looked up dark sky with non-feeling eyes then I imaged that I have a nice bicycle, I ride it to home with natural and unrestrained manner when I after class, then the bus can not catch up with my speed, just follow far behind my bottom. My speed as fast as a wind.(Wow, Ha, Ha, Ha………..)(Actually, my thoughts were in tangle.)

Finally, finally, finally! The bus No 60B came here with a slow speed and stopped in this raining day, in this dark Avenue, in front of upset me. I jumped up the bus with a long sigh in my heart.

When I came back home, I was surprised that Sophia was not angry about I’ m late and she prepared a feast for me.

Will I make a small talk with them again after class? Yes, I still will, but not too late.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

It was quite an unpleasant experience. Commuting by public transit can be a pain. Next time, don't just listen to music. Listen to the news or a talk show. It'll be more interesting.

Have you gals decided to share an apartment? It'll be great! More economic and more fun, for sure.

Remember, no comma before or after "because", and do not use a comma to link two independent clauses. Check your punctuation and correct the mistakes.

Corrections:
(1) It was funny that ... because all of us ...
(2) .. I couldn't stop laughing.
(3) ... how much we pay for living in homestay per month.
(4) She gave us some advice ... ("advice" is an uncountable noun, so you can't use "a/an" before it.)
(5) It will be cheaper than living ...
(6) ... we will save between $780 and $880 in the next four months.
(7) There should be furniture, ...
(8) ... to wait for her homestay mum to pick her up by car.
(9) It was raining cats and dogs.
(10) I didn't like standing and waiting for bus for so long. (OR, I didn't like to stand and wait for bus for so long---Do not mix the two structures.)
(11) ... listening to music, it still seemed time wasted.
(12) I began to imagine ... (Remember, after the infinitive "to", use the base form of the verb.)
(13) ... was not angry that I was late ...
(14) ... make small talk ...

AlisonChang said...

Wow...I'm wearing tired.

I have been here for 10 hours, in order to correct and post article.
Sit down for ten hours is my maximum. >O<...So tired. I'm dead meat. Now! I almost couldn't move.

I have to match bus time. If there is Internet at home, I don't need to stay in campus now.



Yea, we have to make decision before the end of May.
Thank you for your good advice.