Sunday, May 28, 2006

Explore…!!

26 May, 2006

In order to find the nearest place where I could use Internet, last Sunday I made a decision about to find a nearest library this weekend.

This exploration begins began after I went to Yorkdale today. It was ten to seven. I got off bus at the intersection of Steels Street and Martin Grove Road. I walked from that intersection to Albion Street.

I walked straight on Martin Grove. On the road way, I found saw many dandelions in everywhere. I can’t hold myself to pluck dandelions and blow it. Look those seed fly flew beside me! They followed the wind to fly. I make made dreams and wished dandelions take them to angel. Dandelion’s seed are angel’s messenger. Look those white seed fly flew, gentle and light. Look those white seed fly flew, bright and white. They take took my worry away. I feel felt light. How about take took me fly with you? , I speak spoke with seeds. They said to me, “Next time! Next time! I take your dream to the right place first! Next time! Next time! We take you to fly! Follow us closely!”

The flying seeds aren’t weren't take me to fly this time, but I followed their step keep walking. Suddenly, a black bird flied above me and stopped in front of me. He pays paid attention to eat a half an apple on the parking area. It is was beside a Mall which names “Flotino” on Albion Road. I took out my camera quietly and moved near by him quietly. Ah Ha! I catch up got it! I catch up took a shot of him the scene of he is eating the apple. He’s must so hungry that he didn’t say hello to me when I passed by him. It’s okay.


I asked a passerby where the library is. He indicated the brown building. I crossed Albion Rd. to right side. Finally, I found library. It’s half after seven. I spent almost spend forty minutes to arrived here there . Congratulate that I succeeded half because I found a nearest library, but they had closed door. I breathed a sigh with pity, but happy I find found it at the same time.

After that, I went inside Albion Centre and bought two little packs of snacks, Doritos and Lays. My favorite snacks. To celebrate I succeed half.

I didn’t mind it’s rude or not, I just ate my snacks, kept walking, and surrounded in Albion Centre. There have cheaper food market near the Albion Centre and Flotino, but I forget the name. Also, I couldn’t hold my curious heart and went inside there.


I learned many new words from this exploration, such as flexible straw, antibacterial, religious, anniversary, sympathy, hemmer, drug, dill pickle, salt vinegar and so on. Most of words were learned from food area and greeting card area. I feel enriched today.

As Seminar class’s teacher said that to put yourself in a strange place. You’ll learn more. It’s the short way to learn English quickly. Nice to have a try!

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Before I arrived in Canada, I had always considered dandelions beautiful and poetic, just like you. Now that I've been here for 10 years, they're more like weeds to me, and I can't stand the sight of them on my lawn. I always try to uproot every single one of them before they go to seed, and I hate those neighbors who don't because then the seeds of their dandelions will get blown over on my lawn and grow again.

It's great that you followed your seminar teacher's advice and noted down new vocabulary around you. You're full of curiosity, and that's so important to language study.

Remember to use past tense to describe past events. I noticed that sometimes you used the past tense but other times didn't. Be consistent.

Corrections:
(1) I made a decison to ...
(2) This exploration began ... (3) On the way, I saw many dandelions everywhere.
(4) flew
(5) half an apple
(6) I got it. I took a shot of him eating the apple.
(7) a passerby
(8) I spent almost forty minutes to arrive there.

AlisonChang said...

Thank you you told me about my mistakes with a lot of patient.

I'm glad to know where my mistakes are.

AlisonChang said...

I just read your first paragraph, and I could't steady myself laughing!!