Monday, June 05, 2006

Toronto Islands Walking Tour



03 June, 2006

We collected met in Vari Hall on Saturday. It was my first time to attend go on a YUELI a trip. I was excited. I talked with my classmates and the other students whenever on the bus or ferry. Although this was raining day, my heart was full of expectation.

We took school bus to Mainland Island ferry Terminal. It was still raining dogs and cats. On the ferry, I couldn’t hold steady myself to take picture. I’m not haven't often traveled by ferry, even in my back country.

I was lucky, pleasurable pleased and excited that I could take picture with my favorite conversation partner. Also, I was so happy that my favorite conversation partner was our tour guide.

When we arrived Centre Island Ferry Dock, we were separated two parts. One group was to the Eastern side. The other’s was to the Western side. I chose the first one. First of all, we crossed a small bridge and passed by a pond which used to hold Port Regatta.
Then we went straight to a pier. Many beautiful migratory birds were flying above us. They gathered a formed of an arrowhead. I was very interested in those birds. Those birds will fly to the other country in order to avoid winter when at the end of fall if I didn’t hear wrong from the Island guide. As I know, these kinds of birds will exchange the leader when the first bird is tired and fly backward. The second migratory bird which behind the first one will automatically fly forward to lead their group. They are very wise bird in all of the birds.

On the road way, I was talked with different students and our conversation partner till we arrived Ward’s Island Ferry Dock. What a The poor conversation partners! They went to the tour for relax, but I spoke poor English to torture them. Ha, ha. They have much a lot of patience to listen to what I said. I had better to learn from them how to establish my patience be patient. I had this thought when I was talking to them.

Soon, we finished this tour and just spent about two or three hours including took ferry because it was raining. I felt a bit bored disappointed because the tour was too short. God sometimes goes his on holiday, so he sometimes and neglects my expectancy about my wish for not raining. Well, although it was regretful and a bit boring, I felt glad to know this Island. I plan to choose one sunny day and go to this nice place again.

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Who is your favorite conversation partner?

Just out of curiosity, do you go to church? You sound religious because you refer to God a lot in your writings.

Corrections:
(1) We met in Vari Hall ...
(2) ... to go on a YUELI trip.
(3) I couldn't steady myself ...
(4) I haven't often traveled by ferry, even back in my country.
(5) ... pleased ...
(6) They formed an arrowhead.
(7) at the end of fall
(8) On the way, I talked with ... (Do not use the verb "be" with other verbs. Remember, you can only use a noun, an adjective, a prepositional phrase, or v-ing after the verb "be".)
(9) The poor conversation partners!
(10) They had a lot of patience ... (Use "much" in negative or interrogative sentences.)
(11) ... how to be patient.
(12) I felt disappointed (?) that the tour was too short.
(13) goes on holiday and neglects my wish for no rain.
(14) go to this nice place again.

AlisonChang said...

My favorite conversation partner is......Adriano!!!!
Before Adri, is Natasha.

But Adri will disapper a couple of months and Natasha is in abroad now.

In addition, Adri is very busy now.

I think that is the reason why his name is not on conversation calendar.




Depress Alicen. /__\..

AlisonChang said...

Oh, ha, ha,

In fact, my religious is not God.

In my country, my religious is Buddhism.

AlisonChang said...

Yes!!! It was disappointed!! Thank you!! You knew what I felt!

(12) I felt disappointed (?) that the tour was too short.