9 June,2006
When I was a child in childhood, we lived near to downtown of Kaohsiung which is the south of Taiwan. We moved to the north of Kaohsiung when I almost graduated from elementary school. It was close to the schools where my parents taught.I thought that near by my parents’ school, but I had to leave all of my friends in elementary school. I was afraid of didn't know how to make good friend in a new school that time. Also, I couldn’t buy snacks in near grocery store by walking because we moved into a the country side. There weren’t any grocery stores near by my house. Both these two reasons made me upset.
Gradually, I felt funny and was interested in many insects behind our house. Because we lived in that location, such as lived in country side, there were many country roads behind us. Less Fewer cars or motorcycles passed by there, so I had ever seen saw snakes which has with white and black nodes on its body, red dragonfly dragonflies flied flying above the gutter and many strange insects on the leaves or the trunks of trees. I enjoyed in discovering a new insect that I had never seen it before in my free time. Also, I played roller skates and rode bicycle on these country roads. I thought I love here it . We have stayed more than thirteen years in the same place until now.
Form Among my family members, my mother retired from senior high school last year, but father is still teaching in University. My older brother is in army now, and younger brother is studying in high school, but he’ll graduate from school after two years. Both of my brothers are going to go come to Canada after they finish their duty. My grandfather is still living, but he can’t speak up because the doctor threw out removed his throat larynx after he got throat cancer. My dearest grandmother has died shortly after we just moved to the countryside no longer. I was super depressed about that, but I felt better after three years. Although this event is long time ago, sometimes I miss her, especially when I get depressed, lonely or need someone give me suggestions.
In brief, from the past until now, we had tasted any have experienced all kinds of situations whether sweet, happy, busy or complex. We have to learn how to communicate with each other. Luckily to say, we have same concept about health. For example, we usually go walking after dinner, eat a lot of vegetables and fruit on weekdays, go mountain hiking on holidays and so on. I have a complete and healthy family and I believe we will solve problem together when one of the family member is facing challenge.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your grandmother! I think it's very important for children to live with, or at least to get to know, their grandparents. There's so much we can learn from the seniors.
The assignment, however, was to write about a specific event or activity you and your family did together.
Corrections:
(1) When I was a child, ...
(2) It was close to the schools where my parents taught.
(3) I didn't know how to ...
(4) ... because we moved to the countryside.
(5) ... any grocery stores
(6) Both reasons
(7) "I felt funny" means "I felt strange".
(8) many country roads
(9) Fewer cars or motorcycles ...(Watch plural nouns.)
(10) ... so I saw snakes with white ..., red dragonflies flying above ...
(11) I enjoyed discovering ...that I had never seen ...
(12) I loved it.
(13) Among my family members, ...
(14) ... to come to Canada ...
(15) ... but he can't speak because ... removed his larynx ...
(16) ... died shortly after we moved to the countryside.
(17) ... we have experienced all kinds of situations ...
(18) Luckily, ...
Post a Comment