Thursday, November 09, 2006

The feeling of Sunday Afternoon

2006.11.05

The feeling of Sunday Afternoon

For me, there is always some life feeling everyday, but these feeling are not always having chances to be recorded. This Sunday afternoon, I got chance to write down everything what I felt immediately. It was about the feeling of working with disturbance in this Sunday afternoon.


While I just pulled my chair out and sat down to review my binder in one of the York buildings, which is used to be a very quiet environment to study, suddenly, there came to one couple who sat just in front of me and started talking about the average age of people getting married and having children, their presentation result and partner and so on. I thought, “Come on, I just sit down…God...”, but I did not say anything to them; instead, my face looked calm.


I was pressing my a little anger. I picked up my paper, but I could not concentrate on it. Then I tried to look for the definition of vocabulary as our assignment, but I could not focus on the word’s description. I could barely do anything at that moment, but I did not want to waste time to find other seats. Although the noise for me was a kind of torture, I must do something right now.


My heart and mind were tortured by noise. It was really hard to work while any noise surrounding me, especially the noise just right in front of me. “I must do something”, I told myself again. Therefore, I decided typed down my feeling about this annoyance in Sunday afternoon, and this mini article was produced. Only one thing which I felt funny was that while they were talking lively, I was typing my unsatisfied feeling about them. It was funny, wasn’t it?


To sum up, although the feeling of Sunday afternoon was a kind of torture for me because the noise surrounding me, and I could barely do anything, I got inspiration from the resource of noise and was able to finish this small article. In addition, it also made me feel funny without being noticed. I lost my peace but gain inspiration in writing. As old saying, “A loss may turn to be a gain.”

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Alison,
Thanks for an early journal. It helps me a lot. I certainly understand your feelings, and I'm glad it had some positive result. I think next time, however, you should definitely change seats because being annoyed and not being able to work when you want to is really too much to endure more than once.
Sue

AlisonChang said...

Hi, Dear Susan,
You are so efficient.

I see eye to eye with you on the matter of changing seats while being annoyed.
---------------------------
Although I wrote this journal on Sunday, I had forgotten post this journal untill today.

I found a funny things in the words, in your comment, which is th word "endure".

I was wondering what are the differences between "endure" and "tolerate".